Search This Blog

Friday 13 May 2011

Time for Tea

Because I enjoyed the list format used last week in my blog I thought I'd use it again, however this week I intend it to be a lot more positive. This weeks top 5 is the most British topic I could think of... Top 5 teas I've drunk this week!

I've been drinking loads of tea recently and I thought I'd inform you with regards the top 5 cups of tea I've drunk this week. Before it all kicks off let me reassure some of you that I still bloody love coffee but I feel that sometimes if I limit my coffee drinking it makes every cup a wonderful treat.

  1. Twinings - Jasmine Green Tea.

Simply wonderful. This mild and refreshing tea is as tasty as it is fragrant. Another great green tea from those master blenders at Twinings! I would 100% recommend this tea to anyone!






  1. Make us a brew! - Mint & Chilli Tea.

Delicious!!! With 48% Peppermint, 40% Spearmint and 12% Chilli this tea is super refreshing! The small amount of chilli adds a little kick without overpowering the mint and without adding too much heat. All the chilli seems to do is add extra freshness! A must tea for any mint tea fan as well as those of us that enjoy chilli and spice. Don't worry about the heat and leave the teabag in a little longer as the chilli and Peppermint do take some time to release their warmth into the water. Be brave, give it a try.

  1. Clipper Nettle Tea.

The first sniff of this tea will put you in mind of the garden, to my nose it is the scent of gardening. Again this is a calming tea, a delightful liquid bliss in a cup which will brighten up any day. I find this tea to be perfect in the afternoon or late at night to refresh but not awaken. These days nettles are known as that painful stinging weed, but they have been used for centuries both as a food and to purify, cleanse and restore. The first uses of nettles can be traced back to the bronze age. So get a brew on and enjoy some fine nettle tea.

  1. Twinings – Everyday Tea.

A tea for any time, any where! I don't think I could explain this tea any better than Twinings, “It’s the drink that warms you up, calms you down and makes every occasion better.” This is basically your standard tea, perfectly crafted and exquisitely balanced, you could add milk and sugar if you like but this tea is perfect with none of that gunk added.

  1. Tick Tock – Rooibos (Red Bush Tea).


    Fantastic flavour! I really don't know how to explain how lovely this tea is. I have been enjoying this naturally slightly sweet tea as it comes simply adding boiled water, brewing for a few minutes then drinking it down. Ideal any time of the day or night, although there is no caffeine in rooibos it will wake you in the morning and due to its caffeine free nature is the prefect bedtime drink. Take a little risk and buy yourself a box and enjoy this fine tea for yourself, if you don't like it I'd be happy to come around and drink some of it for you.



    There have been many excellent teas drunk this week which didn't make it onto todays list, like the cheeky little green tea with roasted brown rice or the lovely roasted twig tea my wonderful girlfriend lovingly prepared for me, plus all the cups of standard Tetley, PG and whatever else people make me when they offer tea. I am grateful for every cup, thanks.

    Quote of the Week:
    “I bloody well love that stupid twit” - On the subject of friends.

    Proof bread by B. Johnson
     

1 comment:

  1. You are so British. Twinings is, of course, always a classic. I must also recommend my favorite tea: Cinnamon Apple Spice, by Celestial Seasonings.

    ReplyDelete